Title: Downtown Development Authority Coordinator
Click here to view the job posting
Summary of Duties: Under the direction of the Executive Director the Downtown Development Authority (DDA) Coordinator acts as the primary staff person and is responsible for organizing downtown promotional activities and events, overseeing the DDA sponsored projects and acting as a liaison between the DDA, local business owners, other public agencies and local organizations. The DDA supports new businesses within the DDA district. The DDA Coordinator regularly communicates with the Executive Director and other city staff as required.
Typical Duties: The individual in this position may do any or all of the following typical duties. This list may not include all of the duties that the employee may be expected to perform.
- Assists the Executive Director in the administrative aspects of the DDA including, but not limited, preparation of DDA reports, grant reporting (when applicable), meeting agendas, preparation and distribution of board packets with all supporting documents and information, recording meeting notes and preparation of the meeting minutes. The DDA coordinator assists the City Administrator in preparing the annual budget and budget amendments for board review and approval.
- Attends monthly board meetings and committee meetings.
- Acts as an advocate for the Downtown. Conducts on-going public awareness through various forms including media and social media. The DDA coordinator develops initiatives and/or creates opportunities to enhance appreciation for the downtown environment and its assets. This includes sending press releases, detailed informational content and photos to media outlets. Organizes downtown events and volunteer recruitment for the events.
- Maintain and update the DDA Website, social media pages and coordinate messaging between different social media platforms.
- Works with volunteers and others involved in downtown-related projects and events in coordinating promotional activities. Building and managing a volunteer base, relative to the DDA and event needs and timing.
- Oversees the DDA Assistant (Farmer’s Market Manager) with the operational needs of the Farmer’s Market.
- Fosters and maintains a cooperative working relationship with existing business owners. Periodically updates businesses on the efforts of programs the DDA offers.
- Assists the Executive Director and DDA Board of Directors in identifying and securing grant opportunities for the downtown development.
- Secures sponsorships for DDA events with local businesses and corporations. Keep detailed record of sponsors including; logos, contacts, and sponsor gifts.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- The DDA Coordinators position requires a minimum of a High School diploma. Associate’s degree is preferred. Experience in marketing, advertising, public relations, finance is preferred. Excellent communication skills are desired, exceptional computer knowledge and skills. Inter personal communication skills within an office setting.
- Must be a dynamic individual with a high level of initiative as a self-starter.
- Must be able to take direction under the supervision of the City Administrator and Board of Directors.
- Must be outgoing individual who builds strong alliances with existing community leaders and businesses.
The duties and responsibilities which are set forth in this document are described to meet the general requirements of the position and are not to be considered an all-inclusive list. Therefore, additional related duties may be assigned and this job description may be revised from time to time to reflect changes in the operations and responsibilities of the City and the Downtown Development Authority. The DDA Coordinator is a full-time position. Office hours to be scheduled between the times of 8 AM to 5 PM M-F, with the exception of the Farmers Market Season (June-October) and Special Events. Probationary period is six (6) months and may be extended for an additional six (6) months.